Friday, October 17, 2008

All About the Name

I've only spent the last hour trying to get my signature on this blog. Thanks to my dear granddaughter who has the coolest blog and has her pretty name at the bottom of each entry.



I created three different styles and three different colors, read all the instructions about how to get it into my blog and even sent it to myself by e-mail.



I know I am not the smartest person in the world but this just does not work for me. It came into my blog as a picture. cannot copy it, cannot move it. It took a while and I don't have it automatically loading but isn't this just so cool! I need more help sweetie. This is uploaded as a photo.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Alright Grammye -

Here you are.... I am giving you the link to the HTML code for the signature (I recreated yours & tried to match it as close as possible.) You will then take the HTML code by copying and pasting it into a new blog entry by following the steps below:

Here is the code in black:
http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard2_1.php?sid=54486-325-04A85C5232AAA1B13708BC714F402828

When composing a new entry, you will want to click on the tab that says "Edit HTML" (in the top right hand corner of the blank box.) You can then paste the code that you copied into the body of the message. And ta-da, it will be there. You can verify that it worked properly by going back to the "compose" tab, you should see it as a picture rather than an HTML code.

Go to this link and you should see an image of the signature and an HTML code below it. That is the code you will want to copy. Go back to your blog, compose a new message and use the information above to paste it in as an HTML code. It should work for you.

In order to get it to appear in every post without you having to go through those steps, you can go to your dashboard to access the tools menus. You should see three main tabs at the top (left hand side), "Posting," "Settings" & "Layout." Click on "Settings." You should then have another tool bar directly under that one and the third option should be "Formatting," click on that. The last option at the bottom of the page is "Post Template." Copy your signature code into that box and click the orange button to save your settings. Now each time you create a new blog, your signature will automatically appear!!

Hopefully this is more helpful. Let me know if it still doesn't work for some reason.

Love you - Good luck! :)