Friday, May 30, 2008

Around the House

Seems there is always something going on around my house. This week I discovered a pile of saw dust on my back steps. A carpenter bee has drilled a hole in the cedar board from the railing of the steps. No one gave permission for that.

Moved around to the front porch and there is a bird building a nest on the ledge of the porch. I actually was amazed at the precession of the bits of mud placed with straw and moss. No eggs yet and not the place I want bird droppings later so with not much pleasure I raked it off the ledge. For the next two days every time I went to the front porch birds were diving at me and I cleaned numerous spots where they are trying to build again. I placed a rubber snake on the ledge. I have heard that will keep them away. I already have a nest with eggs at the end of the porch undisturbed.




Grand kids were at my house and drinking from the garden hose seems to be a favorite thing to do.



It is just lovely outside. I live in the country and unfortunately that means all sorts of critters come visiting. I saw a snake in the back yard which prompted a new round of target practicing. I am using rat shot in a 22 pistol. The bigger holes are from larger guns used by the man of the house. I guess he thinks we could be invaded by Bears or something real big.




The Kids also found a cocoon, I think they tried to help it open so I'm not sure we will get a butterfly here.

What a wonderful life!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

lol Pollye
I wanna try that rat target shooting!!! They are just one of God's creatures I wish were never created.

And watch those carpenter bees..they have a mean sting! I once picked up a rake and was busy raking away when one of them crawled out of the handle and got my hand good! Right between the thumb and fingers. Yowie Zowie!