Wednesday, May 21, 2008

45 Years Later


May 19, 2008


Today being the 45th wedding anniversary for me gives reason to look back and reflect on my life.To see the things I have accomplished and the times I've failed.


Would I change if I could? I'm not sure, maybe I have. I don't think I could wish for a life better than I have. My material wealth is ample to live the life I enjoy. I am living the American dream of a pot and a window. No kids in jail or on welfare and smart grand kids. No payments to make and a check coming in. Living in the Southern lap of luxury.


I have a wonderful group of people who make up my family. We are not perfect and we all make mistakes but we all love each other very much. We have gone from 2 to 4 to 11.


I have a wonderful home in the foothills of the Kiamichi mountains of south eastern Oklahoma. Wide open spaces to dream and soak up the sun. A place of peace and solitude. A place of laughter and joy. Roots from the very beginning. We raised our kids here and are getting to play with our grand kids here.


The verse on the card I got this year goes like this:


We've seen each other grumpy.and we've seen each other glad.

We've seen some good behavior and of course we've seen some bad.


You've even seen me floss, and adore me more each day.

I've seen you with a runny nose and love you anyway.


You've seen me in my baggy sweats and think I'm kinda cute.

I've seen you dressed up to the nines and in your birthday suit.


We've seen the worst We've seen the best

And like we always knew:


No matter what life's ups and downs...WE'LL SEE EACH OTHER THROUGH!


Today has been a Hallmark greeting card day. Time has a way of getting by in a hurry. I can remember when 45 was old. Married 45 years! Some good, some bad. In the words of the song. regrets, I've had a few, but then again to few to mention.


Oh, the experience of "The Love of a Life Time" To know the meaning of True Love, to have and give true love. The thrill of it all. A memory is a lasting gift. Love really is forever. Family is the fuel of my fire. My light is shining.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Pollye
Your posts make me tear up. I am so happy for you, having this grateful attitude towards your life. In reading between the lines of some of your writing, I know there have been some rough patches. How wonderful that you focus on the good stuff.