Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mt. Fork River Run.



It has been sweltering hot all week in southeast Oklahoma. the best place to be was on the river. I am very fortunate to live in an area that has such beautiful things close by and a good friend with a cabin on the river.







Other than sore muscles and feet I am no worse for the wear. I am not in shape to paddle a boat or canoe but I got some great pictures and I will let them tell the story.


The water in Mt. Fork comes from the bottom of Broken Bow Lake so the water temperature is very cold. Nice refreshing on a 100 + day. Good thing the cabin has air. I had a great time.
We locals take this float trip for granted as it has always been here. The people coming here on vacation know it as Ambush Adventures. It really has become quite the week end get away for Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Dallas.







2 comments:

Kristy said...

Even better than I imagined it! I could float down that river all day...and feel the icy water to cool off. Thanks, Pollye.

Author said...

Looks gorgeous! I hope you had a great time.