Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shootin a Wedding

We all know I have a new camera.I am learning to use it.

My Youngest daughter has had a good camera for a while now and takes good pictures. She has for about four years now done Senior pictures and special accasions for people she knows. The word has spread and she is being asked nore and more to do shoots for strangers.

This is where I come in last Saturday Night.

She lives in Arkansas but had been asked to do a wedding in Oklahoma. " Will you help me with the Oklahoma work?" she asked. So this is my first wedding to HELP shoot. Already has one senior picture shoot set up this spring for me!!

There is a bit more freedom with the back ground on the Senior picture shoots but with a wedding you have to go with where they want to have it.

This one was outside by the pool so the main thing was to keep from falling in. I managed to not do that and get some good pictures. It was scheduled for 8:30 p.m. and it was getting too dark for our flash so a bigger flash is required for night work. That is the most important thing I learned.

Sadly I only learned the name of the bride.

It was hot outside about 90 degrees when the sun went down. Sweat was a problem.


We finished the shoot with 168 pictures on a disc that will be mailed back to them . It was a fun thing to do and something I think I just might get good at. The music was good, the food was good and the extended family all seemed Happy. Mission acomplished.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh wow, now you're gonna go pro on us???!!!

Nice initiation shots : )

Author said...

Nice! Congrats on the professional work!