Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday In Oklahoma




Sunday...... It is the last day of the week or is it the first day of the week? Which ever it is supposed to be the day of rest. It is raining here again. I took this picture out the window of the dining room. Cool too! I set the thermostat on 65 degrees and the heat came on early this morning and again around noon.


Sundays just happens to be the Breakfast Day @ Grammye's house. My 11 year old grandson lives across the pasture. First thing when he gets up, is to come to my house for breakfast. Bacon and eggs (over easy) are his favorite. When he gets to standing over my shoulder, looking like this, I know it's time to stop what I am doing and cook.

While I am at it, I may as well have breakfast too, even if it is 2 p.m., and the second time I have had bacon and eggs today.


While I clean the kitchen and continue to pack for next week, I can hear the microwave popping corn. The T.V. channel switches from the weather channel and I haven't even looked to see what the weather forecast is projecting. On his way to the bedroom, to turn the T.V. on in there, he tells me " Thanks, That is the best meal I have ever had." I yell back with "I've heard that before." I turned the T.V. in the living room back to the weather channel, walk to the bedroom and this is what I see.


Is it a good day at Grammye's? It was today.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Aw, you gotta love that! What a blessed thing to have your grandkids close by and loving being with you.