Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday @ Home

I


The best of today..........Home. Twelve hours without looking at another person. Twelve hours to concentrate on my life. Twelve hours to look around me and be thankful. A few e-mails and a couple of phone calls are all that kept me from complete solitude today. Except for the dog.




The week end for me has become a time of transition. My work week runs from Monday to Monday. I am always spending Sunday getting ready to go in one direction or the other. Usually I have something to do with someone else on Saturday but not today. I used the time to do things of pleasure. I layed in the sun a while. No more sun on my face but I need a little bit of a tan on my legs before the wedding.




I'm in my own santuary surrounded by the beauty of Mother Nature. A place where I have spent many hours planting, trimming,cleaning and literally looking the daylights out of it more than one time. Look just as long as I could see. Until it gets dark. I am also fortunate enough to have a great view of the sky and the beauty abounds there also. I am aware that many people never get the chance to ' just drop out ' for a day. I am thankful for that and the great deck I have to "drop" on. Built by the hands of this family. A place of many gatherings. Many fun times. Today it was empty except for me. I put new cushions on the chairs and I'm ready for the next gathering of the minds. Come on over..............to a little place in Oklahoma.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

What a beautiful place on this earth to be, Pollye. Wonderful you had a day to enjoy what you've created.