Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The First Week of Fall



I grabbed my camera got in the ATV and took off to take pictures of the first week of fall. The weather is just wonderful. 80's in the daytime and 50's at night.





I didn't have to go far to begin enjoying the beauty of nature. The pasture is in full bloom with yellow wildflowers.






I found all sorts of fall seeds. Some I have never seen before and have no idea what they are. They are interesting to say the least. Some I have seen many times but don't know thier name.







The reflection in the pond caught my eye and so did some small bass swimming near the edge. I could not get a photo of them. When I approached they swam off.









I was walking in the yard bare foot and stepped on a bee. It stung me on the ball of my foot and hurt so bad. The stinger stayed in my foot and had to be pulled out with the tweezers. Ouch! This is not the one that stung me but I got a good picture of it anyway.





It is also the season of the spider so I had to get a picture of this big one. Boo!



More flowers and a trip to the lake finished out the first week of fall 2008




Wildflowers just amaze me. They come in all colors and are so delicate.



The grass is still green, the leaves have not started to turn and the lake was almost empty. The price of gas has something to do with that I am sure as it was a beautiful week.

Thanks for looking!










































1 comment:

Kristy said...

What a nice time of year, Pollye. Your photos are beautiful. Every time I see a new bunch of them I want to come visit. That ATV looks so fun!