Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Reward

When I stopped smoking a little over a year ago I joined a support group and the first thing I learned was how important it was to reward yourself for taking care (good care) of yourself.



I downloaded the quit meter that kept up with the number of days and the amount of money I had saved. As of today that stands at 375 days and $1500.00.


Now this is not my first reward. I rewarded myself regularly at every milestone. Ist week, 1st month, 3 months, 6,7,8,9, and saved the biggie for the 1st year.


Truth be told, I have spent way more than I have saved. I am worth it and I have enjoyed it much more than if I had burned it and sucked it down my lungs. I don't have the cough to prove it.

So here I am a year later, a lot smarter and ready to reveal my reward.








A Sony A350 DSLR Camera with a 18-70mm lense and an adjustable view finder. As I learn how to operate my new camera, I can up grade to different lense.


These are the first pictures I have taken and I am very pleased. This may be just the camera a Grandmother needs.

3 comments:

Author said...

Such gorgeous pictures! And yes, rewarding oneself is very important. I know I've already rewarded myself for more than I've saved, but that's okay. So, congrats on your camera!

Thanks for playing along on the Ipod shuffle meme.

Looks like you guys had a great Fourth of July. There's nothing better for any holiday, than to get to spend time with friends and loved ones.

Kristy said...

I'm so glad you rewarded yourself again,Pollye. It's great to feel so alive isn't it? Keep those pics coming!

Leanna said...

Look at you go Miss Pollye! These are great!